Experienced Logistics Co-ordinator
Exceptional opportunity to join the UK`s leading coffee roasting Company
Lincoln & York Limited is one of the UK’s leading coffee sourcing, roasting and packing specialists, serving as the coffee roaster of choice to many well-known brands in the out-of-home, foodservice, distributor and specialist retail markets. We have been named amongst the “1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain” by the London Stock Exchange, “Outstanding Company” by Plimsoll as well as achieving the number 1 position in the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2018. Our success to date has been driven by the great people who work here alongside continued investment in the business.
Reporting directly to the Production Manager and working closely alongside the Warehousing team, this role will involve a variety of cross functional activities. Strong communication skills are the key attribute required to carry out this position as it will involve a large amount of dialogue with Internal Sales and Operations team members including key third party logistics suppliers to the Company.
Attention to detail is critical and often working within tight deadlines your character and work ethic will be challenged and will require at times to be flexible in order to achieve the objective.
Working amongst a small team you will be required to cover, often at short notice other operational duties that will fall within your skill set but you will receive great support in order than you can achieve your true potential.
• Arrange and co-ordinate third party Logistics providers for our UK and International customers
• Communication with customers and update them of any changes to the plan.
• Work collaboratively with internal Teams to deliver a high level of service to all our customers.
• Ability to provide cover for other colleagues due to short term absenteeism / holidays.
• A self-motivator who strives to achieve high level `Customer Service`
• Experience of Customs / Export documentation processes
• A willingness to learn and embrace change in this fast-paced expanding Company
• Good understanding of IT and be conversant with Microsoft Office applications
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Flexible work approach is inbred within our culture
• A great sense of humour
• Monday – Friday 40 hours per week
• Company pension scheme
• 25 days holiday plus 3 bank holidays rising to 30 days after a qualifying period
• Unlimited coffee, fruit and biscuits, (we burn energy quickly)
The roastery is based 7 miles south of the Humber Bridge and commutable from Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Hull, Goole or Beverley in under 40 minutes. The ability to drive to work is essential. This position is for immediate start.
Interested in joining our Team? To apply send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com