Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Factory Maintenance Engineer will be part of the team which is responsible for proactively maintaining, supporting and developing the control systems and equipment within the Factory (Roastery).
Your key responsibilities will be varied and will include:
- Working closely with the key operatives to ensure machinery downtime is kept to a minimum
- With a key focus on preventative maintenance you will ensure all relevant service schedules are always planned and adhered to
- Assist in the ongoing training, support and development of key machine operators.
- As part of our overall business improvement programme, working collaboratively as part of the Engineering team, you will provide support to help deliver and improve overall factory efficiency through continuous improvement and be able to impress these ideas on your peers.
- Work closely with the Production and Management teams to ensure future Project work, and installations are carried out in accordance with agreed timelines and targets
- Have a positive contribution in maintaining the site Health and Safety policy and procedures are always adhered to.
- Responsibility for key tasks in the absence of the Engineering Manager
This role is predominantly days shifts with a requirement to work late shifts on a rota basis.
The successful applicant will:
- Be Apprentice trained with a BTEC level 3/HNC Electrical qualification
- Have a proven track record and experience within FMCG, ideally at least 5 years.
- Have good working knowledge of H&S systems and practices
- Driving licence.
- 17th/18th Edition desirable.
- Good verbal and written communications systems
- Have to ability to work autonomously and as part of a team as required.
- Ability to deal with problems with a ‘hands on’ and ‘roll your sleeves up’ approach
- Good attention to detail and ability to read and understand electrical drawings
Lincoln & York is one of the UK’s leading and most established coffee roasters. Specialists in sourcing, roasting and packing coffee, we are the private label manufacturers behind hundreds of bespoke coffee blends, supplying customers across the UK and Europe.
One of the fastest growing businesses in the country, we have been named amongst the ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ by the London Stock Exchange and an ‘Outstanding Company’ by Plimsoll.
The roastery is based 7 miles from the Humber Bridge and is commutable from Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Hull or Beverley in under 40 minutes. Due to the location, the ability to drive to work is essential.
Interested? Please email your CV with covering letter detailing why this opportunity interests you to: firstname.lastname@example.org.