Are you looking for an exciting and challenging career move? We have a unique opportunity to join a fast paced, customer-focussed business at an exciting stage in our development, and you could make a real contribution to the next stage of our business growth.
Working at Lincoln and & York
It`s the people at Lincoln and York that really make the difference. Our values reflect how we want to work, so only the right people in the right role can really make a difference and genuinely deliver great customer service.
As Head of Technical/Site Technical Manager, you will proactively manage and lead the technical agenda, ensuring legal and food safety compliance with the manufacturing and supplier operations teams to meet high customer expectations.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation of the quality manual in accordance with the requirements of BRC, Organic, Fairtrade and many other accreditations.
- Lead the HACCP Team, ensuring the Hazard Analysis is kept up to date.
- Lead, coach, support and continue to professionally develop the Technical Department including Factory QC.
- Lead all 3rd party and customer audits.
- Keep up to date with all legislative requirements and communicate to the business the impact of any changes.
- Conduct supplier and 3rd party audits.
- Completion of customer specifications and questionnaires.
- Drive the development of a food safety culture.
- Work collaboratively across the whole business to ensure efficient working and excellent customer service.
- Provide wider management support in the absence of key team members.
- Support a wider ERP implementation, optimise processes, and support and enable positive change.
You will be an energetic, customer focussed and experienced leader, motivator, influencer, and planner. You will be capable of playing a key role within our management team and be able to manage the day-to-day challenges and decision making in a challenging FMCG environment, whilst also being able to demonstrate the ability to contribute towards business improvement and delivery of our strategy through your wider technical knowledge and understanding.
You will be of graduate calibre with a degree in Food Science or equivalent, with experience of working in FMCG businesses and a detailed working knowledge of HACCP. You will also have experience of leading customer and external 3rd party audits.
Excellent knowledge of food safety, food labelling and other relevant legislation are essential, whilst previous experience of print and packaging would be advantageous.
The ability to research, think laterally and plan effectively and strategically, while maintaining a keen eye for detail, is essential.
- Salary to reflect the importance of this new role
- Genuine Career Opportunity and support for continued professional development.
- 30 days holiday plus 3 days bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme