Manufacturing Technician Vacancies
Exceptional opportunity to join the UK`s leading coffee roasting Company.
Lincoln & York Limited is one of the UK’s leading coffee sourcing, roasting and packing specialists, serving as the coffee roaster of choice to many well-known brands in the out-of-home, foodservice, distributor and specialist retail markets. We have been named amongst the “1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain” by the London Stock Exchange, “Outstanding Company” by Plimsoll as well as achieving the number 1 position in the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2018. Our success to date has been driven by the great people who work here alongside continued investment in the business.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Manufacturing technician are part of small team within the operations environment. They have engineering ability to ensure maximum line efficiency with accountability and ownership to deliver the line KPI’s in their Operational area(s). These are hands-on roles, one working day shifts Monday to Friday and the other a 4-day week, typically Monday – Thursday 1.30pm – Midnight. However further hours maybe required during extensive busy periods.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
• Working closely with the key operatives and shift manager to ensure machinery downtime is kept to a minimum.
• This is an operationally focussed role and when the line is running efficiently the Man Tech’s time is likely to be spent 80% on operational tasks and 20% on engineering tasks.
• Operate lines to manufacture product in line with the plan, whilst providing technical support to ensure operational effectiveness.
• Ensure Quality and Health and Safety KPI targets are consistently achieved as a minimum.
• Conduct, lead and deliver changeovers with a focus on change over reduction.
• Train, develop and assess current machine operators to ensure flexibility is achieved within the team.
• Ensure machines are setup ready for the following day’s production.
• Daily communication with the engineering team ensuring shift handovers are effective.
• Suggest ways to continually drive overall Factory / efficiency improvements.
Key skills / Attributes
• An engineering qualification either electrical or mechanical NVQ level 2 etc.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Must have a proven track record and experience within FMCG/packing machines.
• Good attention to detail.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Have to ability to work autonomously and as part of a team as required.
• A ‘hands on’ and ‘roll your sleeves up’ approach to problem solving.
• Ability to meet deadlines with a flexible can-do attitude to get the job done.
• Quality and continuous improvement approach to work.
• Salary commensurate with the responsibilities of this position.
• 25 days holiday plus 3 days bank holidays during the festive period.
• Auto-Enrolment Company Pension scheme.
The roastery is based 7 miles south of the Humber Bridge and commutable from Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Hull, Goole or Beverley in under 40 minutes. The ability to drive to work is essential. This position is for immediate start.
Interested in this exciting new opportunity? To apply send your CV and covering letter to Engineeringrecruitment@lincolnandyork.com