Multi-skilled Factory Engineers
Exceptional opportunity to join the UK`s leading coffee roasting Company.
Lincoln & York Limited is one of the UK’s leading coffee sourcing, roasting and packing specialists, serving as the coffee roaster of choice to many well-known brands in the out-of-home, foodservice, distributor and specialist retail markets. We have been named amongst the “1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain” by the London Stock Exchange, “Outstanding Company” by Plimsoll as well as achieving the number 1 position in the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2018. Our success to date has been driven by the great people who work here alongside continued investment in the business.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager, the Multi-skilled Factory Engineers are part of the team responsible for proactively maintaining all the production machinery such as large industrial coffee roasters, conveyors, VFFS packing machines and associated equipment. These are hands-on roles, one working days Monday to Friday and the other working 4-day week, typically Monday – Thursday 1.30pm – Midnight. However further hours maybe required during extensive busy periods.
Key Responsibilities & Accountability
• Working closely with the key operatives and shift manager to ensure machinery downtime is kept to a minimum.
• With a key focus on preventative maintenance, making sure all relevant service schedules are completed.
• Assist in the ongoing training, support and development of machine operators.
• Ensure machines are setup ready for the following day’s production.
• As part of the Engineering team, you will provide support to help deliver and improve overall factory efficiency through continuous improvement.
• Ensure Health and Safety policy and procedures are always adhered to.
• Daily communication with the engineering team ensuring shift handovers are effective.
• Suggest ways to continually drive overall Factory / efficiency improvements.
• Attend production meetings as required.
Key skills / Attributes
• Apprentice trained, multi-skilled electrical-mechanical.
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Have a proven track record and experience within FMCG/packing machines.
• IOSH or similar H&S qualification desirable.
• 17th/18th Edition desirable.
• Good attention to detail and ability to read and understand electrical drawings.
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Have to ability to work autonomously and as part of a team as required.
• A ‘hands on’ and ‘roll your sleeves up’ approach to problem solving.
• Ability to meet deadlines with a flexible can-do attitude to get the job done.
• Quality and continuous improvement approach to work.
• Salary commensurate with the responsibilities of this position.
• 25 days holiday plus 3 days bank holidays during the festive period.
• Auto-Enrolment Company Pension scheme.
The roastery is based 7 miles south of the Humber Bridge and commutable from Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Hull, Goole or Beverley in under 40 minutes. The ability to drive to work is essential. This position is for immediate start.
Interested in this exciting new opportunity? To apply send your CV and covering letter to Engineeringrecruitment@lincolnandyork.com