Lincoln & York Limited is one of the UK’s leading coffee sourcing, roasting and packing specialists, serving as the coffee roaster of choice to many well-known brands in the out-of-home, foodservice, distributor and specialist retail markets. We have been named amongst the “1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain” by the London Stock Exchange, “Outstanding Company” by Plimsoll as well as achieving the number 1 position in the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2018. Our success to date has been driven by the great people who work here alongside continued investment in the business.
In this National Account Manager role, you will report to the Commercial Director and will be expected to pro-actively manage existing Out of Home accounts by increasing range, sales and profit within them and thus achieving budget requirements and acquiring new business.
- Pro-actively develop credible sales plans to grow Lincoln & York products profitably into existing channels and customer sectors. Currently c 25 customers valued at c£2.7m turnover.
- Drive the accuracy and delivery of monthly sales – working with all associated stakeholders.
- Negotiate and deliver OOH solutions to existing customers ensuring any new products and their existing portfolio are communicated, forecasted, delivered and then evaluated in a timely manner.
- Work with Marketing to address any range gaps and deliver New Product Launch plans (new listings & turnover targets).
- Work with internal teams to develop appropriate customer products based on insight and customer feedback.
- Work to retain all customers by introducing trading agreements.
- Ensure pricing reviews are carried out in line with contractual requirements. Look to increase GP% wherever possible whilst negotiating the price. Ensure all activities outside of standard pricing & promotions are signed off ahead of agreeing with customer
- Manage internal systems to plan & measure financials – Rebates; Invoicing and reducing claims and price queries.
- Ensure ‘good housekeeping’ via efficient administration & query management (pricing, invoice, claims)
- Deliver regular performance reviews (period, YTD, FY forecast) with the account
- Deliver quarterly performance reviews (period, YTD, FY forecast) within Lincoln & York
- Other projects as deemed appropriate to the role / team / individual
- Being an integral part of the Commercial and wider business team
- Developing a network of industry contacts to help uncover new opportunities and drive sales.
- Effectively targeting and winning new customers
Essential skills and knowledge:
- Winning mentality and proven ability to go after all opportunities
- Strong Commercial Awareness
- Fact Based Selling
- Winning Relationships
- Negotiation Skills
- Excellent Planning, Organising and Time Management
- Creative Thinking
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, comfortable working cross functionally at all levels
- Team Player
- Strong presentation and analytical skills
- Own Label experience
- Coffee knowledge is desirable.
The roastery is based 7 miles south of the Humber Bridge and commutable from Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Hull, Goole or Beverley in under 40 minutes. The ability to drive to work is essential. This position is for immediate start.
Interested in joining our Team? To apply send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com