Exciting newly created role...
Lincoln & York Limited is one of the UK’s leading coffee sourcing, roasting and packing specialists, serving as the coffee roaster of choice to many well-known brands in the out-of-home, foodservice, distributor and specialist retail markets. We have been named amongst the “1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain” by the London Stock Exchange, “Outstanding Company” by Plimsoll as well as achieving the number 1 position in the Sunday Times International Track 200 in 2018. Our success to date has been driven by the great people who work here alongside continued investment in the business.
In this newly created role, you will report to the Head of Finance and provide a professional end to end Office/Business support service to the Lincoln & York MD, Senior Management Team, and site, as well as working closely with the HR Consultant to provide a comprehensive HR service. Your main responsibilities will include:
Provide a professional end to end Office/Business support service to the Lincoln & York SMT and wider site:
- Support Senior Managers with the organisation and co-ordination of key meetings and events, facilitating as required including minute taking and documentation management.
- Be the go-to person for support and advice on all office and administration-related processes, ensuring consistency and professionalism.
- Arrange travel and accommodation as required.
- Be responsible for the efficient running of the visitors signing in system and update as required for H&S, etc
- Order and manage office equipment and office stock levels for the company
- Coordinate the maintenance of office equipment (printers, phones, IT equipment).
- Coordinate team events and company social events such as Christmas, team building, special occasions.
HR Support & Administration
Working closely with HR Consultant provide an end-to-end HR administration service to line managers:
- Work with line managers to ensure the supporting administration for new starters, leavers, promotions, maternity etc are dealt with timely and efficiently.
- To prepare legally compliant L&Y-specific HR documentation for employees and line managers ie letters, contracts, etc using templates developed with the HR Consultant.
- Filing and maintenance of employee documentation.
- To develop and update HR policies in conjunction with the HR Consultant
- To work closely with Finance on payroll-related issues as required.
- To produce employment data on monthly basis.
- Superuser and go-to person for line managers and Team leaders on HR Admin/TMS/Payroll system.
- Process monthly payroll including leavers, starters and year end processes
- Co-ordination/compliance of all employee documentation.
- Routine and ad hoc reports including turnover and absence statistics.
- Long-service awards administration.
- Administration of Company benefits including Private health, pensions, and childcare vouchers.
Skills & Experience
- Good educational background: good attainments at ‘A’ level or equivalent is the benchmark.
- Previous experience of working in Senior Administrative role and experience of HR admin tasks.
- Ideally a Certificate in Personnel Practice or equivalent
- Experience of computerised HR systems and confident with Microsoft packages
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently with and influence colleagues and customers alike.
- Be resilient and work well under pressure.
- Proactive and able to work on your own initiative, always staying one step ahead: reliable with a strong work ethic and a positive, 'can-do' approach.
- Ability to work confidentially and with complete discretion.
- Team player who works collectively to problem solve.
For the successful candidate, we can offer a competitive salary commensurate with the responsibilities, company pension, 28 days annual leave including Bank Holidays (rising to 33 days after qualifying period), friendly working environment with unlimited coffee, fruit and biscuits, (we burn energy quickly), Christmas Saving Scheme and opportunities for personal and career development.
The roastery is based 7 miles south of the Humber Bridge and commutable from Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Hull, Goole or Beverley in under 40 minutes. The ability to drive to work is essential. This position is for immediate start.
Interested in joining our Team? To apply send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org