It`s the people at Lincoln and York that really make the difference. Our values reflect how we want to work so only the right people in the right role can really make a difference and genuinely deliver great customer service.
We have created an exciting new role which is a unique opportunity to join a fast paced, customer focussed business and make a real contribution...
As Planning & Supply Chain Manager, you will be responsible for every stage of the supply chain, from the order process and purchasing of raw materials to the delivery of the final product. Reporting to the Factory Manager, this is a hands-on role with overall responsibility for buying, planning, warehouse management, and logistics.
You will take the lead to formulate the supply chain strategy to deliver the correct process and practises ensuring compliance, whilst improving productivity and efficiency across the business.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a cross functional team of 15 staff within the following areas:
- Materials and Production Planning
- As owner of the S&OP process, develop and manage Demand and Supply Chain Forecasting
- Support a wider ERP implementation, optimise processes to support and enable positive change
- Oversee product storage, handling, and distribution on site and at 3rd party suppliers
- Investigate, identify, and propose cost saving opportunities within the Supply Chain and shape operational plans for implementation.
- Departmental Budget Planning and cost control
- Negotiation with Logistics providers to ensure balance of value with excellent performance.
- Work collaboratively across the whole business to ensure efficient working and excellent customer service
- Provide wider Management support in the absence of key team members.
- Capture and present accurate data for analysis
You will be an energetic and experienced leader, with excellent motivation and communication skills capable of playing a key role within our management team, with the ability to manage day to day challenges and decision making within this FMCG environment.
You will have a minimum of 3 years’ experience working in a similar role within a FMCG / Food Manufacturing environment, with a demonstratable track record of achievement towards overall business improvement and delivery of Supply Chain strategy.
You will be highly numerate, and results orientated with a good grasp of financial context around operational performance, product margin and Logistics.
Excellent IT skills are essential, whilst previous experience in ERP or planning systems implementation will be a distinct advantage.
The ability to research, think laterally and plan effectively and strategically, while maintaining a keen eye for detail, is essential.
- Salary to reflect the importance of this new role
- Genuine Career Opportunity and support for continued professional development.
- 30 days holiday plus 3 days bank holidays
- Bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org