Executive Assistant/PA to the Managing Director
The applicant will be the right hand person to the Managing Director. They will have complete awareness of the current issues in the business, collating and presenting information to the MD so as to make best use of his time. The role and tasks will be varied, and you will liaise with various departments within the company. Based at our state of the art roastery in North Lincolnshire, you will join a committed and enthusiastic team.
Role and responsibilities
- Provide efficient PA support to the MD, assisting with both business and personal tasks as required.
- Contribute to the efficient and effective running of the leadership team by close liaison and collating data and information as needed.
- Be the first point of contact for the MD, ensuring that all colleagues and customers, both inside and outside of the business, are dealt with helpfully and confidently.
- Effective diary and email management.
- Prioritising and planning workload, influencing and making decisions to make the best use of time and paying close attention to detail.
- Provide support to produce documents and presentations for key meetings as and when required.
- Make meeting, travel and accommodation arrangements.
- Proactively build up knowledge of the business and be aware of current issues.
- Respond to queries from other companies within the group (Sumo and Elsham Wold Estates), liaising with colleagues at all levels.
- Produce the agenda, minutes/action points and follow up actions for Management Meetings, Board Meetings and Operations Meetings as required.
- Additional duties as required by the MD.
Skills and experience
- Good educational background: good attainments at ‘A’ level or equivalent is the benchmark.
- Previous experience of working in a senior administrative/PA role with managers and directors.
- Previous experience of HR administration would be desirable but not essential.
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to communicate confidently with and influence colleagues and customers alike.
- Be resilient and work well under pressure.
- Proactive and able to work on your own initiative, always staying one step ahead; reliable with a strong work ethic and a positive, 'can-do' approach.
- Ability to work confidentially and with complete discretion.
Lincoln & York is one of the UK’s leading and most established coffee roasters. Specialists in sourcing, roasting and packing coffee, we are the private label manufacturers behind hundreds of bespoke coffee blends, supplying customers across the UK and Europe.
One of the fastest growing businesses in the country, we have been named amongst the ‘1,000 Companies to Inspire Britain’ by the London Stock Exchange and an ‘Outstanding Company’ by Plimsoll.
The roastery is based 7 miles from the Humber Bridge and is commutable from Lincoln, Scunthorpe, Hull or Beverley in under 40 minutes. Due to the location, the ability to drive to work is essential.
Interested? Please email your CV with covering letter detailing why this opportunity interests you to: email@example.com.